Release and Waiver of Liability for Participation in CTCC Online-Based Classes
Form Revision Date: August 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Charlottesville T’ai Chi Center has begun offering live classes online. This new release and waiver is designed to clarify the responsibilities of individuals participating in our classes through this new medium.
By paying for and registering for one or more virtual instructional courses through the Charlottesville T’ai Chi Center, I hereby agree to the following:
- I am voluntarily participating in classes, workshops, and/or other exercise and healing arts activities (collectively, the “Activities”) offered by the Charlottesville T’ai Chi Center and/or its instructors, teachers, workshop presenters, employees, and independent contractors.
- I understand that the Activities may require physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in any physical fitness program, including the Activities. I represent and warrant that I am in proper physical condition to participate in the Activities, and I have no medical condition which would prevent my participation in the Activities.
- I understand my physical limitations and, if I experience any pain or discomfort, I will stop physical activity before I become ill or injured.
- I understand that instruction is being provided virtually through third-party technology and that the Center makes no representations or warranties about the functionality of the technology.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries, or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the Activities.
- In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive any claim I may have against the Charlottesville T’ai Chi Center and its instructors, teachers, workshop presenters, employees, and independent contractors for any injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Activities.
I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.